Electronic Waste Recycling
Responsible electronic waste, or "e-waste," is the disposal of unwanted electronic devices.
Items such as TVs, computers, smartphones, tablets, electronic toys, telephones, cameras and countless other items with internal circuitry are considered e-waste. In order to conserve natural resources, electronic equipment can be refurbished, reused, and recycled instead of being land-filled. In addition, e-waste products might also contain components that are hazardous to the soil and water such as lead, chromium or mercury.
What do we take?
- Desktop & Laptop Computers
- Computer peripherals (mice, keyboards, webcams, speakers, microphones)
- LCD Monitors
- Hard drives
- Backup Tapes
- Telecom equipment
- Printers, Copiers and Fax Machines
- Gaming Devices
- GPS Devices
- Lab & Medical Equipment
- Video & audio equipment
What do we do?
- All material collected that can be recycled is
- Our partner maintains the following certifications:
- Responsible Recycler Certification, R2
- RIOS Certification
- NYS DEC Electronics Recycler Registered.
- Our Partner complies with the NYS Electronic Equipment Recycling and Reuse ACT.
Contact us today for all of your electronic recycling needs.
At PROSHRED®, we ensure that each shredded hard drive and any electronics that need to be disposed are sent to metal and electronics recyclers for further processing. With our zero landfill policy, all electronic waste, including computer monitors, are safely recycled. We work only with recycling partners who are certified to comply with federal and state electronic waste regulations. PROSHRED® is as equally committed to the safety and well-being of your business as we are too good stewardship of the environment.