November 13, 2018
End of the Year Shredding
How to Do an End-of-the-Year Clean Out of Your Paper Documents—the Safe Way
Despite our increasing reliance on email and electronic documents, the average business still accumulates a lot of paper throughout the year. Over the course of several years, those paper documents can take up more storage space and put your company increasingly at risk for data breaches.
Want to start fresh in 2019? Clean out your company’s paper documents with PROSHRED® Connecticut ’s professional shredding services. Not only does PROSHRED® Connecticut use the most advanced shredding technology, it also provides proof of destruction to keep you in compliance with all state, federal, and industry specific privacy regulations.
PROSHRED® Connecticut’s Shredding Method
There are many different types of shredding. The least secure type, used by consumer shredders typically sold by office supply stores, is strip-cut shredding, which shreds documents into long strips. While that’s certainly better than throwing whole documents into the garbage or recycle bin, documents shredded with the strip-cut method can still be reconstructed.
Cross-cut shredding, which chops papers into very small pieces, is much more effective, though reconstruction, while difficult, is still possible. Micro-cut shredding is similar to cross-cut, but the pieces are smaller—about the size of confetti.
PROSHRED® Connecticut uses the most secure method—piece and tear—in which multiple rotating blades punch holes in paper and tear it into small, uneven pieces.
Why Choose PROSHRED® Connecticut
Many companies offer shredding services, but it’s important to choose one a reputable company that meets your needs.
- Experience in your Market: Look for a company with years of experience in professional document destruction in your area. PROSHRED® Connecticut is locally owned and has been serving the Connecticut and Rhode Island market since 2007. In 2015, PROSHRED® Connecticut won the Midstate Chamber of Commerce’s Small Business Leadership Award.
- Convenience: Some shredding companies will only haul documents away to be destroyed at their own facilities. PROSHRED® Connecticut destroys all materials on the premises using state-of-the-art shredding trucks equipped with cameras, so you can watch documents being shredded to verify that they have been completely destroyed.
- Recycling: You can both keep your paper documents safe and be friendly to the environment! PROSHRED® Connecticut recycles all the shredded paper we destroy and provides each customer with a Tree Saver Environment Certificate to show many trees they have saved by shredding with PROSHRED® Connecticut .
- Document Security: Are you sure the people employed by your shredding company are handling your documents with the utmost care and security? Our staff members never see or touch your documents, and all our employees undergo a criminal background check, drug testing and a rigorous annual training program. They also sign a confidentiality agreement pledging to protect each customer’s sensitive material.
- NAID AAA Certification: Make sure the company you choose is AAA Certified with the National Association of Information Destruction (NAID), the international trade association for companies providing information destruction services. Shredding companies with this certification must adhere to strict guidelines and quality control for procedures, equipment, security and employee drug and background checks.
- ISO Certification: ISO 9001:2015 is an international standard that specifies requirements for a quality management system to ensure that an organization consistently meets customer and regulatory requirements. PROSHRED® Connecticut is the only ISO 9001:2015 certified secure on-site shredding company system in America.
Ready to clean out your papers and start fresh for 2019? Contact us for a quote.