June 10, 2017
How to Protect Your Smart Devices from Being Hacked
Smart Devices and Security: What You Should Know
As our affinity for mobile devices as a population increase, so does the potential for security risk. By 2020, there will be an estimated 20.8 billion connected devices. It’s easy to not consider your mobile device a prime target for being hacked but these smart devices are one of the most commonly hacked pieces of technology.
At PROSHRED® Milwaukee we believe it’s important not only to use our secure shredding services but also to keep your personal smart devices secure as well. Below is a list of ways you can ensure your smart devices are not compromised.
- Always use authenticators to ward off any unknown users from entering your smart technology.
- Update passwords bi-annually
- Store your passwords in a secure place, such as a password storage service
- Research any apps prior to downloading for credibility
- Dispose of old devices securely and safely through a professional service such as PROSHRED®
- Do not conduct sensitive business while on public Wi-fi
PROSHRED® Milwaukee is dedicated to best practices for keeping your information secure. Review our full list of services to see how we can help you today.