May 6, 2019
Benefits of Data Destruction
What Are the Benefits of Data Destruction?
Hiring an electronic data destruction service might seem a bit overboard until you consider all of the implications of a data breach to your business or medical practice. Properly handling the private information of your clients and/or patients, as well as, yourself and your employees is vital to your success. When it comes to electronic data destruction, here are a few things you might want to consider:
- Protect your business – Chances are you have all kinds of valuable information regarding your business, from analytical data regarding your company’s performance to information about product designs. Having this kind of data fall into the wrong hands could be detrimental to your business and future business plans.
- Protect your customers – All businesses handle a lot of customer information, especially if they sell products online. Customer data falling into the wrong hands could not only hurt your customers, but could also be detrimental to the reputation of your business.
- Protect your employees – It’s your responsibility to protect the information that your employees provide you with, from their names to their social security numbers. Not only could their information be used for identity theft if stolen, but some employees may not want certain information to get out; for example, if they have a criminal history that they reported on their job application.
- Optimize your space – Hiring a hard drive/electronic destruction service helps to free up useful office space. There’s no point in having old hard drives clogging up your shelves if you have no need for them.
- Remain in regulatory compliance – There are laws that govern how electronic data storage media is disposed of for various industries. PROSHRED® Philadelphia can ensure that your business remains in regulatory compliance in regards to these laws. PROSHRED® is diligent to stay on top of current legislation regarding customer/patient privacy. Federal legislation like HIPAA that affects medical providers or the GLBA, Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act, which protects private information held by financial institutions are just two examples of the legislation that PROSHRED® understands. In addition, our professionals know and understand state regulations and how they might affect your organization.
PROSHRED® has many years of experience in helping the businesses, medical facilities and financial institutions of the Philadelphia area ensure that private information remains private. Our mobile shredding service offers a convenience and certainty that no other hard-drive destruction service can offer.
If you have questions or concerns about the security of your business, don’t wait until a data breach happens. Call on PROSHRED® today for a free estimate on a shredding/data destruction plan that works for you. 1-484-323-2100