Hard Drive Destruction
San Francisco Hard Drive Destruction Services
- On-site Hard Disk Drive destruction service!
- 24-hour turnaround on all urgent/emergency requests.
- Invoice and Certificate of Destruction submitted via e-mail immediately upon service completion.
- Hard Disk Drive serial number capture and excel spreadsheet report provided.*
- Digital video capture of 100% of the Hard Disk Drive destruction process.*
- 100% of Hard Disk Drive scrap recycled in line with Proshred®’s Green Initiative.
We also offer drop off Hard Drive Destruction service at our local facility!
What is Hard Drive Destruction?
Hard Drive destruction is a professional method of safeguarding business and personal information. It is the only way to guarantee company, employee, and customer data is not released to unauthorized individuals.
It’s not enough to simply erase information from a drive and expect that the data cannot be accessed. Once files have been erased on a drive, they can still be accessed by an individual skilled in information retrieval. Even if the drive is formatted, some of the information may still be accessible. The only way to ensure that information cannot be accessed once the hard drive leaves your premises is to engage the use of a hard drive disposal service.
San Francisco On-Site Hard Drive Destruction
PROSHRED® San Francisco Bay Area hard drive disposal services and mobile hard drive destruction can ensure that your hard drives are properly destroyed before being discarded. Our hard drive shredding professionals will come to your business to pick up your end-of-life hard drives. If you require that your hard drives remain in your custody until they are destroyed, PROSHRED® San Francisco Bay Area also offers mobile hard drive shredding. This on site hard drive destruction can happen on-location at your facility, so you can watch your hard drives being destroyed. We also provide a detailed certificate of destruction showing the date and the time of hard drive pickup.
Recycling E-Waste And Complying With Legislation
PROSHRED® San Francisco understands and appreciates the dedication your business has to the environment. We are also fully committed! In fact, we send all shredded electronic material to local recycling companies that specialize in electronics, for additional processing. Even computer monitors are disposed of safely! We will only partner with recycling providers who are certified and comply with federal and state electronic waste regulations. This process occurs only after your hard drives have been professionally destroyed.
Why Consider Hard Drive Destruction?
- Industry and Regulatory Compliance with Hard Drive Destruction - There is set legislation in place regarding how records are kept, their privacy and confidentiality, as well as their appropriate disposal. These regulations can be government specific, or specific to a certain industry.
- Recycling Regulations and Hard Drive Shredding - Computers contain valuable parts and materials that can be collected for recycling. They also have toxic and hazardous parts that should not enter our waste stream and need to be disposed of safely. There are government regulations that outline the proper disposal of these electronics as well. Partnering with a professional hard drive shredding company like PROSHRED®, gives companies the peace of mind that through proper hard drive recycling and disposal methods, information is entirely secure, and disposed of in a sustainable manner.
- Methods of Hard Drive Destruction - It’s critical to note that while there are optional methods of Hard Drive disposal available to you, not all are 100% reliable. Secure, hard drive shredding is the only form of data destruction that guarantees your security and safety.
- Overwriting - Overwriting the content on your hard drives can be executed with specific software; however, it’s not only tedious and time consuming, most importantly it is not 100% effective.
- Data Removal - It’s not enough to simply erase information from a drive and expect that the data cannot be accessed. Once files have been erased on a drive, they can still be accessed by an individual skilled in information retrieval. Even if the drive is formatted, some of the information may still be accessible. The only way to ensure that information cannot be accessed once the hard drive leaves your premises is to engage the use of a hard drive disposal service.
- Degaussing - Simply put, degaussing is a procedure carried out to eliminate the hard drive’s magnetic field. Unfortunately this form of data removal leaves room for error, and can’t be trusted as a permanent means of hard drive destruction.
- Shredding - Hard drive shredding is the only form of permanent data destruction. For complete peace of mind that your confidential information is obsolete, choose professional hard drive shredding provided by PROSHRED®. Our mobile shred trucks have been designed to shred both your documents and critical hard drives; all at the convenience of your location. PROSHRED® in San Francisco Bay Area, we provide reputable and responsible hard drive shredding to ensure your sensitive data is safe from security threats and crime.
Turning to PROSHRED® for your hard drive destruction needs, will assist your business in remaining compliant with the regulations that apply to you. In doing so, your San Francisco Bay Area organization will remain in good standing with a reputable and trustworthy reputation by the public. You’ll also reduce your risk of experiencing hefty fines which stem from non-compliance.
Compliant with Privacy legislation and Regulations
As mentioned, hard drive shredding is the only secure and reliable form of data elimination from a hard drive. Our hard drive disposal services are carried out by qualified and trained specialists, and provide you with a secure and complete method for the disposal of your hard drives.
When you partner with PROSHRED®, you receive destruction services that adhere to key industry regulations, including those dictated under:
Frequently Asked Questions About Hard Drive Destruction
Pricing depends upon volume, drive type and service type (on-site vs. off-site). Please call at your convenience for a quote.
With hard drive destruction services from PROSHRED® San Francisco Bay Area, it takes only seconds to shred each hard drive using our on-site mobile shredding trucks. This renders the data completely irrecoverable.
Once your hard drive destruction service is complete, we will provide a certificate of destruction showing the date and time of the service.
When using a professional hard drive shredding service like PROSHRED®, a detailed certificate of destruction will be given showing the date and the time of hard drive pickup.
PROSHRED® San Francisco Bay Area is the go-to company for hard drive shredding in the area. With options for hassle-free on-site shredding, as well as pick-up and drop-off shredding services, we can help you securely dispose of sensitive materials.